Sunday, August 29, 2010

Favorite Oven Grilled Drumsticks


Every time I cooked drumsticks on an actually grill, they were always under-cooked inside but burnt on the outside. I hated the slimy taste after biting into it. (gagging) Therefore to evenly cook chicken drumsticks, I have to pop them in the oven. I also like the skin crispy, so broiling it for a few minutes usually does the trick. That's how I like my drumsticks.


Ingredients:
(serving 3 drums)
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce 
  • 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp. seasoning salt
  • 3 tsp. honey
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 squeeze of lime
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix all the above seasonings. 
  2. Marinade the drumsticks in the fridge for 40 mins. (save the marinade)
  3. Remove drumsticks from the bowl into a glass baking pan.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees in oven for 50 mins.
  5. At 44 mins, set the oven to broil and let each side of the legs crisp for 3 mins.
  6. For the extra marinade, boil in a sauce pan. 
  7. Slice some bell peppers and brush the sauce on top and broil for 7 mins.
  8. Slice some bread and toast in oven along with the peppers. Remove the bread at 4 mins.

1 comment:

  1. Can't go wrong with chicken... I love them! :) I need to get myself a brush... it gets messy without it =/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails